Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Position Opening: GIS/ Remote Sensing Analyst II
Ocean Imaging Corp. (OI) – www.oceani.com, www.seaviewfishing.com – presently seeks a GIS/Remote Sensing Analyst to add to our Littleton, CO office. Primary responsibilities will include the use of aerial multispectral imagery to classify vegetation and bottom substrate in coastal areas and wetlands, detection of water pollution and mapping coastal kelp habitats. Additional work will include the involvement in the continued development and deployment of OI’s TIR/multispectral system for oil spill detection, mapping and monitoring. This will include analysis and classification of oil slick imagery in order to generate response-oriented digital information products as well as work to refine existing oil detection and classification algorithms. The position also requires the employee to aid in daily image product generation and customer support for Ocean Imaging’s “SeaView Fishing” world-wide ocean fishing support services. Applicant should have strong skills in image processing, multispectral classification and excellent working knowledge with ArcGIS and RS analysis software. Experience in aerial image processing, oceanography and/or software development/programming will give the applicant a distinct advantage over other applicants. This is an excellent job opportunity for a person who will truly enjoy making an individual contribution to developing and using cutting-edge RS/GIS technology by not only following managerial guidance, but also making individual efforts to improve on existing methods and practices. Ocean Imaging offers competitive salary and benefits, interesting work and excellent working environment.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
CoreLogic, a leader in property data and analytics, is currently looking to fill several open GIS positions in their Boulder office. We are looking to fill a Geospatial Analyst and a senior level Geospatial Analyst position.
These positions will work with the Spatial Solutions Natural Hazard Risk team to develop and maintain natural hazard risk and property-related geospatial datasets. We are looking for experienced and detail oriented GIS Professionals with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Our Vision: Deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy
Open Position: .NET Developer with a strong Spatial Component
Working with large national datasets, based in Lakewood, CO
ATA Services, Inc. – Lakewood, CO
Boulder County has an opening for a GIS Specialist in the Information Technology GIS division. More information about the position can be found by going directly to the listing . Applications will be accepted through February 17th.
- The Boulder County Information Technology GIS Division is currently seeking candidates for a GIS Specialist. Under the direction of the GIS Program Manager, the GIS Specialist will manage, develop, and maintain geospatial data, metadata, layers and mapping in support of the enterprise wide geospatial program in Boulder County. This position is also responsible for data presentation, cartographic services, and coordination with other department work functions, County departments, County offices, outside agencies and other organizations.
- Examples of Duties
- Oversee and perform data entry, updating, editing, annotating and compiling of maps, including thematic map components
- Assist in determining and refining methodology for map preparation, editing, data entry, plotting and field surveys
- Prepare materials for data entry, enters data into database, perform edits and produce final map output
- Interpret and analyze aerial photography and makes comparisons to other spatial data sources.
- Assist in planning, performing, processing and integrating field surveys into the databases as needed
- Resolve conflicts using appropriate surveying and mapping principles
- Prepare reports and presentations as requested
- Work with other departments, offices and agencies in developing solutions to support the enterprise GIS
- Data creation, management, analysis, interpretation, editing, visualization, reporting, validation, and conversion
- Document data using Federal Geographic Data Committee (FDGC) metadata standards
- Support county Office of Emergency Management during Emergency Operations Center activations
- Perform data quality assurance and quality control
- Perform related work as required
- May be reassigned in an emergency situation
- Required Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in GIS, surveying, geography, mathematics, or related degree with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in courses pertaining to GIS, surveying, cartography, geodesy, geography, mathematics, database management and photogrammetry.
GIS Certificate can be substituted for the two years of college courses.
Experience: Two years of professional experience in geospatial technology field using ArcGIS, QGIS, or other geospatial software.
Additional related experience may count towards the required education.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Entry Level Intelligence and Image Analyst for the enterprise Geo-Spatial Product Quality group located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
The Image Analyst (IA) position supports an enterprise Geo-Spatial Product Quality group that supports the Intelligence Community (IC) and the Warfighter (DOD) by assisting users in reviewing the appropriate products for quality standard compliance to accomplish their mission and ensuring receipt of the most accurate, up-to-date geospatial intelligence products and services.
Representative tasks include the following:
•Provides mission specific subject matter expertise in sensor processing, phenomena, and environmental effects for multiple overhead collection systems.
•Researches, analyzes, and compiles technical data for company products and system-level concepts in the projected operational environments to optimize effectiveness over the program lifecycle.
•Applies systems engineering processes, methodologies and tools to the design of system of systems, systems and new product development.
•Performs technical planning and control; maintains and improves processes and software tools.
The data scientist works for Health Sciences Strategy in the Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences and reports to the Associate Vice President for Strategy and the Director of Strategy. Health Sciences Strategy is a dynamic, fast-paced work environment in which data scientists contribute to an array of projects aimed at achieving core health sciences missions. The position couples advanced statistical work with critical, abstract, theoretical thought and communication. Successful performance is demonstrated through proactive management and analysis of complex datasets, clinical data science (e.g., patient segmentation, prediction, and outcomes analytics), financial data science (e.g., pro forma financial statements and comparative cost-benefit analyses), business data science (e.g., market assessments and comparative service line evaluations) and the effective blending thereof to develop, inform, and monitor health system strategy.
•Uses data science to synthesize unstructured, disjointed information into meaningful, compelling narratives that facilitate development and refinement of health system strategy.
•Crafts data products that provide effective summary visualizations of analytical findings and user-empowering functionalities that facilitate and promote self-learning.
•Supports efforts to create presentations with clear, cogent writing and graphical illustrations.
•Supports requests from health system entities by identifying potential data sources, gathering data, conducting statistical work and communicating findings and implications.
•Supports the collection of national, regional, and local data for benchmarking and comparative analytics.
•Keeps abreast of developments and changing technologies and applications via self- initiated professional development. Participates in continuing education courses, professional organizations, attends training and trade seminars, and maintains professional contacts in the community and the industry.
•Undertakes other responsibilities as needed to support the implementation of health system strategy.
If you want to accelerate your career growth and are passionate about applying your expertise to solve problems of national importance then we have the job you are looking for! Not only will you be able to achieve your personal and professional goals but you will do it in a stable environment the emphasizes and rewards the entrepreneurial spirit.
For example, take the project we’re now working on. It involves utilizing computer applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development. A multi-disciplined collaborative team of engineers, scientists & analysts are performing expert imagery analysis while working with the DoD/Intelligence Community. This team is part of our employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. This position requires you to work overseas for up to 120 days (no more than that in a year).
If you’re interested, here’s what year one is all about. For an Analyst, this is the stuff of dreams – and you WILL be making a difference in critical operations.
Kaman Corporation is diversified company that conducts business in two segments: Aerospace and Industrial Distribution. For more than 70 years, we have been recognized for technical breakthroughs and innovative solutions to critical challenges.
The major functions of a Senior Design Engineer include:
•Playing a key role in a variety of projects through the engineering of components/systems for aircraft gas turbine engines (including turbines, blades, nozzles, vanes, combustors, transmission gears and gear assemblies); also helicopter components (including rotor systems, transmission gears, bearings and structural components and assemblies).
•Prepare component packages for new product development and improvement for submission to the FAA.
•Create plans/drawings in SolidWorks based on findings from reverse engineering of components. Interface with engineering, manufacturing and quality team members as well as outside vendors in order to complete project deliverables.
•Participate in design review sessions and assist with validation/verification of work.
•Serve as a senior resource for Engineering team and domain expert; provide training and technical expertise to less experienced team members.
Geospatial Services Specialist
Auraria Library- University of Colorado Denver / Denver
The Geospatial Services Specialist will lead the University of Colorado Denver- Auraria Library’s efforts to acquire, provide access to and services for geospatial information and data resources, including geographic information system (GIS) and maps in all formats. This new position will be engaged in fulfilling the research and educational missions of the Auraria Library and the students, staff and faculty of the three institutions on the Auraria Campus – the University of Colorado Denver, the Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the Community College of Denver. This position will be responsible for providing support for GIS services through reference, research consultations, online help guides, and other outreach efforts.
For more about the University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library, visit http://library.auraria.edu/.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Work with faculty to integrate geospatial data and cartographic resources into the curriculum
- Provide strategic planning and practical decision-making for the technical infrastructure for the map and GIS components of digital projects in support of both teaching and research
- Collaborate with personnel in the Auraria Library’s Creative Technology Commons on the creation of digital geospatial learning objects and scholarly products
- Coordinate the Library’s interaction and collaboration with the other campus GIS resources
- Promote geospatial literacy among students and scholars by offering training opportunities, research consultations, and workshops
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geology, Sociology or other related Social Sciences discipline.
- Substitution: ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) or advanced Social Sciences degree.
- Experience with geospatial data and relevant software, such as ESRI ArcGIS applications, Open GIS, etc.
- Experience using and creating maps and/or cartographic resources.
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=08210.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Application Instructions: To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=08210.
HR Contact Information
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: For a benefits overview, visit https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. For full consideration, apply by February 10, 2017.
This is a ground-floor opportunity for a young, talented candidate who’s ready to work hard & play hard within a small team using the latest web/mobile geospatial technologies! And if you like trees and other green things in nature, all the better. Explore www.TreePlotter.com/Technology/ and www.PlanItGeo.com for more info.
Employment Opportunity at Plan-It Geo LLC
Junior Developer ($40-50K, depending on qualifications/experience)
Location: Arvada, CO