We’re hiring a .Net/GIS Developer for an on-site full-time contract position located in Lakewood, CO. The successful candidate must have 2 years of experience.
Responsibilities will include design, develop, test, implement, and maintain software applications and programs/scripts/tools supporting a wide variety of USGS/NGTOC applications and programs, such as The National Map . Build new custom applications to automate procedures and specialized tasks such as, elevation data production and database development, contour generation and development, data management, and product delivery. Diagnose problems associated with GIS programs, scripts, tools, procedures, systems, and applications. Develop, recommend, and implement effective, efficient, innovative, and timely solutions to support customer GIS development needs. Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor to internal and external customers on issues regarding GIS development as well as associated hardware, software, procedures, and associated geospatial data.The successful applicant will be expected to provide technical analyses and consultation in the area of geospatial data development, applications, integration, and analysis.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Development experience with C#/.NET and ArcObjects
- ESRI suite of products (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, ArcObjects, JTX/Workflow Manager)
- Oracle/Microsoft/Postgres Databases, SQL
- Python (Arcpy) & ArcGIS geoprocessing tools
- .NET Web Services
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Previous GIS industry experience desired
- NET MVC & HTML/CSS
- GIS concepts such as, image/raster analysis
- USGS data models (National Elevation Dataset (NED), NHD, Best Practices, DRG)
- Open source raster/lidar libraries (OGR, GDAL, PDAL, libLAS)
- Object Oriented Programming