Boulder County has an opening for a GIS Specialist in the Information Technology GIS division. More information about the position can be found by going directly to the listing . Applications will be accepted through February 17th.
- The Boulder County Information Technology GIS Division is currently seeking candidates for a GIS Specialist. Under the direction of the GIS Program Manager, the GIS Specialist will manage, develop, and maintain geospatial data, metadata, layers and mapping in support of the enterprise wide geospatial program in Boulder County. This position is also responsible for data presentation, cartographic services, and coordination with other department work functions, County departments, County offices, outside agencies and other organizations.
- Examples of Duties
- Oversee and perform data entry, updating, editing, annotating and compiling of maps, including thematic map components
- Assist in determining and refining methodology for map preparation, editing, data entry, plotting and field surveys
- Prepare materials for data entry, enters data into database, perform edits and produce final map output
- Interpret and analyze aerial photography and makes comparisons to other spatial data sources.
- Assist in planning, performing, processing and integrating field surveys into the databases as needed
- Resolve conflicts using appropriate surveying and mapping principles
- Prepare reports and presentations as requested
- Work with other departments, offices and agencies in developing solutions to support the enterprise GIS
- Data creation, management, analysis, interpretation, editing, visualization, reporting, validation, and conversion
- Document data using Federal Geographic Data Committee (FDGC) metadata standards
- Support county Office of Emergency Management during Emergency Operations Center activations
- Perform data quality assurance and quality control
- Perform related work as required
- May be reassigned in an emergency situation
- Required Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in GIS, surveying, geography, mathematics, or related degree with a minimum of thirty (30) semester hours in courses pertaining to GIS, surveying, cartography, geodesy, geography, mathematics, database management and photogrammetry.
GIS Certificate can be substituted for the two years of college courses.
Experience: Two years of professional experience in geospatial technology field using ArcGIS, QGIS, or other geospatial software.
Additional related experience may count towards the required education.