Position Opening: GIS/ Remote Sensing Analyst II
Ocean Imaging Corp. (OI) – www.oceani.com, www.seaviewfishing.com – presently seeks a GIS/Remote Sensing Analyst to add to our Littleton, CO office. Primary responsibilities will include the use of aerial multispectral imagery to classify vegetation and bottom substrate in coastal areas and wetlands, detection of water pollution and mapping coastal kelp habitats. Additional work will include the involvement in the continued development and deployment of OI’s TIR/multispectral system for oil spill detection, mapping and monitoring. This will include analysis and classification of oil slick imagery in order to generate response-oriented digital information products as well as work to refine existing oil detection and classification algorithms. The position also requires the employee to aid in daily image product generation and customer support for Ocean Imaging’s “SeaView Fishing” world-wide ocean fishing support services. Applicant should have strong skills in image processing, multispectral classification and excellent working knowledge with ArcGIS and RS analysis software. Experience in aerial image processing, oceanography and/or software development/programming will give the applicant a distinct advantage over other applicants. This is an excellent job opportunity for a person who will truly enjoy making an individual contribution to developing and using cutting-edge RS/GIS technology by not only following managerial guidance, but also making individual efforts to improve on existing methods and practices. Ocean Imaging offers competitive salary and benefits, interesting work and excellent working environment.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
– BA/BS in Geosciences, GIS, RS or equivalent; Masters degree is strongly preferred unless applicant can provide specific examples showing several years of remote sensing and GIS experience in the areas in which OI specializes.
– Strong skills in ArcGIS 10.x or later
– Experience with ENVI image processing application is not required, but preferred
– Experience with ERDAS Imagine 2010 is a plus
– Demonstrated experience with Windows, UNIX and LINUX operating systems
– Proven experience with multispectral image classification and analysis. Applicants with expertise in the area of image classification methodologies will have a significant advantage over other applicants.
– Demonstrable software development skills/experience in Java, C++ or equivalent is a strong plus
– Experience with Python, C-shell or other scripting/programming languages is a plus
– Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be fluent in written and oral English
– Excellent creative/technical problem-solving skills with an ability to learn new skills and procedures independently. Ability to resolve issues independently based on analysis, experience, and judgment
– Must be U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
Starting salary range will be $52,000 – $65,000, dependent on experience and qualifications
Position will start in May-June of 2017.
Please e-mail resume and salary history/requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org