The latest from NASA’s Earth Observatory (31 January 2017)
* The Curious Incident of Snow in The Netherlands
* Camp Century: Put on Ice, But Only for So Long
* Checkerboarding in Northern Idaho
* The Desert Express
* Fissure Eruptions on Erta Ale
* The Treacherous and Productive Seas of Southern Africa
* First Light from GOES-16
* Morocco’s High Atlas Mountains
Recent Blog Posts:
* In Coastal Peru, Fog Begets Life
* Have Your Satellite Imagery and Eat It, Too!
* Study: Major Middle East Dust Storm in 2015 Was Due to the Weather, Not Human Conflict
A new analysis of satellite suggests the key causes of a major dust storm in 2015 were climate and weather conditions — not the war in Syria.
Notes from the Field
* Science Challenges at Sea: A Plumbing Story