USGS National Geospatial Technical Operations Center is hiring a supervisory Cartographer/ Geographer GS-1370/0150-13. This position will serve as the Agreements and Commercial Partnerships Branch Chief and being advertised in both Rolla, MO or Lakewood, CO.
- Coordinates short- and long-range planning for geospatial products and services at the NGTOC, representing National Geospatial Program-wide requirements and issues.
- Provides authoritative technical advice and assistance to NGTOC management and staff regarding procurement actions and the use of contracts in the performance of the work of the Center in support of the NGP. This includes the ability to interpret and understand the technical requirements of the NGP and its partners and translate those into contract requirements and/or to review the work of others as they perform this function.
- Provides authoritative technical advice and assistance to NGTOC management and staff regarding interagency agreements and other types of agreements with state and local governments and the private sector.
- Serves as the NGTOC’s principle liaison to the Department, USGS, and other federal agencies on geospatial product and service agreements and contracting. Works closely with senior government contracting officials and contracting staff to ensure that the NGTOC’s contracting approach is consistent with government policies and practices and advances the Center toward the contracting goals of the Department and Bureau.
- Monitors the status of reimbursable agreements and contracting activities to insure funds are utilized and projects are on schedule.
- Conducts research and investigations into new or improved business and management practices related to reimbursable agreements and procurement actions
- Finds and implements ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to project planning and production activities, promotes team building, and improves business practices.
- Exercises significant responsibilities in dealing with officials within and outside of USGS and advising management officials of higher rank in the organization.
- Serves as the supervisor for the 8-11 Agreements and Commercial Partnership staff located in both Denver, CO and Rolla, MO.
The full job announcement can be found at either the All-Citizens link (https://www.usajobs.gov/